Tuesday 20 December 2011

December in the Mediterranean Area- A few quick pictures


Welcome to VictoriaNeblikArt. I am updating this myself today with just a quick post.

After over a year of using primarily my fancy all-singing, all dancing (not quite, but almost) digital camera and taking somewhere betwee 20,000 and 30,000 shots, it has been quite a shock over the past few days to have gone back to my "secondary camera". This is a Lumix Mega OIS with a fixed lens (6x optical zoom and *gasp* a mere 5 million pixels to play with). Shocking, right? Anyway, my trip to Jerusalem not primarily a photographic trip and needs (and airline luggage allowance) must, so this is what the Lumix Mega OIS can do...

These are the fruits of a late-afternoon trip to the Jerusalem Botanic Gardens-specifically, the Mediterranean and Atlas-Mountains section.

There are some more pictures, but I am still trying to work out what will go in the (long overdue) Weirdbeautiful Book, so what I post online here will depend upon what gets earmarked for the book. In the meantime, here are the Mediterranean plants and thanks for following/reading-

Juniper
Lupin
Conifers
I love the setting of this sheltered bench- very peaceful- just the distant hum of the city and the breeze in the trees and a view of conifers

Detail of Juniper tree
One of several streams in the gardens


Victoria.
Posted by V. Neblik, Dec 2011.
These images feature in a post on the blog weirdbeautiful, [HERE]

No comments:

Post a Comment